LEGAL GRADUATE INTERN WANTED FOR THE PERIOD: 15 JANUARY – 30 MARCH 2018
Intern commitment = 4 days per week for 12 weeks.
Applications by CV and deadline for receipt is 5.00 p.m. Friday 5 JANUARY 2018.
We confirm there are no career prospects attached to these positions. The intern post is designed to give exposure to legal graduates who want some insight and experience of social welfare work and an appreciation of a legal specialist funded charity and how it works. It is ideally suited to those currently seeking posts as trainee solicitors or pupil barristers.
We will not prioritise qualified solicitors or barristers given the nature of the role.
We are particularly interested in those who have completed the:
- BPTC or equivalent
- Legal Practice Course or equivalent
- LLB or Graduate Diploma in Law (and not currently studying).
- Live within reasonable travel distance of the Centre (London NW5 3LQ)
Ideally the interns will be expected to meet the following criteria:
- High quality standards of written and spoken English
- An appreciation and acceptance of cultural diversity
- Experience of interacting directly with people at various levels
- Willingness to be flexible
- Willingness to undertake routine and administrative tasks in connection with caseworking when required;
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work under supervision and to follow directions as and when directed;
- Can commit to the position 4 full days per week.
The Law Centre’s business hours are 10.00 – 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday with an hour’s lunch.
We operate an Equal Opportunities policy and expect that all prospective candidates will be familiar with this at the time of contacting us.
There is a daily stipend (food and travel) for the 4 day per week posts.
You can register your interest by submitting a copy of your cv on or by Friday 5th January 2018 5pm to email@example.com.
We aim to have interviews week commencing 8 January 2018.
For clarity all applicants must be present in the UK at the time of the interviews. Interviews will not be conducted by Skype.
For more information (please be brief) email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you appreciate that the start date for genuinely interested candidates is on or around Monday 15 January 2018 (we can be flexible within reasonable limits).