We only have funding to help people who live, work or study in Camden.
We provide specialist legal advice on welfare benefit and tax credit issues. We do not offer basic benefit checks or form filling for new claims, but we advise clients when there is a problem with their claim.
What kind of issues does the Welfare Benefits team deal with?
We can help anyone in Camden with appeals against decisions on the following benefit issues:
- Work Capability and Employment and Support Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment, Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance
- Habitual Residence and Right to Reside tests
- Overpayments of benefits and tax credits
- Housing Benefit
- Other benefit entitlement issues
- Appeals (including appeals to the Upper Tribunal)
How to access advice:
By drop-in initially:
If you live, work or study in Camden we offer a drop-in service at the Legal Centre on Tuesday and Thursday between 10.00-12.00. No appointment is necessary. People are seen on a first come, first served basis. PLEASE BRING PROOF OF RESIDENCE. We may not be able to see everyone who comes.